Written By: Brian Lund ~
We all know that season when we clean our houses and purge the things that we do not need anymore. What about the second season that we should be doing this? Fall Cleaning! This will help you go into the winter time feeling fresh and ready for the holidays. Follow this fall checklist to get ready for the fun activities that are ahead!
Kitchen and Bathrooms
- Clean the grout in the floors. If you are like most people you have tile flooring and dirt and grout gets in between those. You can do this with simple Scrubbing Bubbles and some elbow grease!
- Many people do not think to clean their refrigerator thoroughly. Now is the time to take everything out, clean all the drawers and the shelves and even the refrigerator coils!
- Along with your fridge, do not forget your dishwasher! You can clean this by running the dishwasher empty with some soap and some Jet Dry!
- The biggest one in most households that get forgotten often are the garbage cans that go out to the street every week. Wash and disinfect these at least once a year so it does not attract bugs and birds.
Bedroom and Closet
- If you are not ready for buying new bedding and sheets, do an extra wash on all of it! Strip the bed and the pillows and wash it all, this way you go into the winter time feeling fresh!
- Flipping your mattress helps you sleep better and helps the mattress’ longevity. You can get on a routine for flipping your mattress every 3, 6 or 9 months.
- With the cold weather you may want to think about putting flannel sheets and a heavier duty comforter.
- Vacuum all the furniture and underneath all of your cushions
- Dust all of your plants and shelves, but ensure you are dusting and not just moving around the dust
- Sanitize all of the common things in your living areas such as remotes and tables and door handles
- Change your HVAC filter for the winter time
- Replace and check all of your fire alarm batteries
- Sweep your chimney and have your fireplace have them maintenance.
- Clean all of your gutters and ensure they are clean and ready to go
The last thing that you should do for winter is to sage your house. Saging a house has been around for generations and has crossed into all cultures around the world. Saging your house is the act of burning dried herbs and moving around the house with the smoke. This is to reset all of the negative energy in your home and bring you a sense of peace going into the next chapter of your life. You can sage each month, or you can sage every 3 months. Happy Fall Cleaning!!!
Written By: Kaden Hurst ~
LUND Disinfecting will sterilize your facility using disinfecting products which have been certified and approved by both the EPA and CDC.
The product we use to disinfect is called ‘Shockwave.’ The EPA classifies this product as a List N Disinfectant that’s capable of neutralizing the SARS-CoV-2 virus that causes the COVID-19 disease in people.
‘Shockwave’ is a hospital-grade product and is proven to kill over 120 different microorganisms including all known influenza strains, along with most types of bacteria, mold, mildew and fungus.
LUND Disinfecting’s experienced technicians use professional grade atomizers. The atomizer creates micro-droplets of disinfectant that, when properly applied, fully surround every square inch, every crack, and every crevice of your facility. With proper preparation and application, our process will vastly reduce the risk posed by COVID-19 to your employees and customers.
COVID spreads through human contact and through contact with surfaces. Current evidence suggests that SARS-CoV-2 coronavirus may remain viable for hours to days on surfaces made from a variety of materials. Cleaning of visibly dirty surfaces followed by disinfection is a best practice for the prevention of COVID and other viral respiratory illnesses in community settings.
Protecting your employees, clients, and business from potential infection is going to be ever more important now that the flu season is upon us. Give us a call today for a free estimate to disinfect your space! We also offer consultation and planning services that can be used to help your business reopen safely and in accordance with Washington State laws and decrees.
LUND Disinfecting – Providing a healthy environment for your employees and customers
Call LUND Disinfecting Today! 425-898-3228
Written By: Brian Lund ~
These terms are a huge misconception and are usually interchanged throughout the world today. Much to your surprise…they are VERY different and have very different actions. What are the differences? Well, let’s go over them!
- Uses antimicrobial agents to destroy microorganisms
- You do not necessarily kill the germ by disinfecting something
- NOT to b REPLACED for cleaning
- You must first clean, and then disinfect the item or surface
- Be careful on what product you are using, as some can trigger other allergies or asthma attacks
- Lowers the number of germs, viruses, and bacteria on a person or surface/object
- Action of making something hygienic to help with health and disease
- Many ways to sanitize things:
- Chemical solution – prevents germs and bacteria
- High heat – helps prevent germs and bacteria
- Ozone gas – cleans the air leaving useless harmless waste
- Removal of dirt, dust, marks or stains on objects or surfaces
- This does NOT kill or reduce germs as you are just transferring from one surface to another place (like a sponge or towel)
- Clean first, then sanitize, then disinfect
- Use a clean towel to dry off surfaces, and ONLY use this towel for drying items
Lund Disinfecting wants to keep your place of home or work and friends, family and co-workers safe. We use the best technology to help clean, disinfect and sanitize. Give us a call for a free estimate and schedule a cleaning today!