Written By: Brian Lund ~
In Late July Governor Inslee Announced Safe Start Roll Backs
Governor Inslee announced the implementation of additional restrictions in order to help limit the spread of COVID-19.
Restaurants and Bars – Effective date is July 30, 2020
- Indoor dining limited to household members only. Mixed groups must eat outside.
- Alcohol sales must end at 10 pm.
- Table size reduced to 5 people and total occupancy to 50% capacity for counties already approved for Phase 3.
- Game areas must close – such as pool tables, darts and video games.
- Bars, taverns, distilleries and wineries will close indoor service; only outdoor seating is approved.
- If a temporary structure is erected to provide outdoor service, the structure cannot be enclosed by more than two walls. The limitation on walls applies to both rigid and flexible walls.
Gyms and fitness centers – Effective date is July 30, 2020
- Increasing the distancing requirement while exercising indoors from six feet to 300 square feet per person, except while practicing certain team sports. For large facilities, occupancy is limited to 25 percent of the facility’s occupancy limit, as determined by the fire code.
- Occupancy and distancing requirements should be determined and posted for every room in the facility.
- Requiring all patrons to wear face coverings when inside indoor fitness facilities, except while engaged in strenuous exercise. Patrons who remove their cloth facial coverings to exercise must wear them at all other times, including immediately before and immediately after exercise.
- Clarifying the use of indoor team sports facilities for practice and limited competition with no spectators.
- Harmonizing Phase 2 and 3 guidance to allow some limited indoor fitness and training activities in all areas of the state.
Indoor Family Entertainment and Recreational Centers
- • The following will not be allowed to be open until Phase 4:
- Bowling alleys
- Indoor Card rooms
- Indoor go-karts
The following will not be allowed to be open until Phase 3:
- Movie theater occupancy will be limited to 25%
- Religious Weddings and Funerals - Effective date is August 6, 020
- Indoor occupancy is limited to 20 percent or 30 people, whichever is less, if and only if six feet of physical distancing between households can be achieved. Outdoor ceremonies are limited to 30 people, and at least six feet of physical distancing between households is required.
- Consistent with existing guidance, indoor ceremonies are prohibited in Phase 1.
- Only ceremonies are permitted, and ceremonies must follow all other provisions of the “Religious and Faith-based Organization COVID-19 Requirements.”
- Receptions are prohibited.